2011-11-03

Are Testers that special?

Recently I stumbled across a very interesting job post. So to say, it was the best one I have ever read. It was from XING searching for a test engineer. It did not contain any you must now that and not less statements but a sentence like that: You know [...] and you learn what you don't know yet. Yes, that's exactly the point - if you are good, you can always learn.

The most interesting part was this statement:

  • You see  the error in this sentence.

Do you see it? I saw it immediately. Now I ask myself, is it really a hint for skilled testers that they see the error?

2 comments:

  1. OK, so can you explain to me what the answer is, as this is now a commonly-plagiarised job app question, and I must be missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Watch the spacing between the characters - and to validate perhaps copy the sentence to some monospaced editor which might make it more obvious to see.

    ReplyDelete